Data Courtesy of Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission
Columbia Basin ESU & DPS Passage Queries
- River Environment Variables are not available at all locations.
- To generate the Data Link for querying results directly from scripts and automated processes: make all selections, check "Generate Query Result Link Only" next to the Submit button, and click Submit.
Inflow, Outflow, Spill, and Temperature (Scroll Case) data are collected at the project (dam). Spill Percent is calculated by DART from the Outflow and Spill values. Temperature (WQM), Barometric Pressure, Dissolved Gas and Dissolved Gas Percent are measured at Water Quality Monitoring stations in the forebay and tailrace of most projects and other key locations in the basin (prior to 1995, these data are from a variety of sources within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers). Turbidity is measured in the forebay or in the fish ladders at a project. Elevation is measured in the forebay of a project.
Bonneville Dam, 18 July 2006: The USACE initially reported incorrect hourly Bonneville spillway discharge for 2002-2004. DART is reporting the USACE's Recalibrated Spillway Discharge at Bonneville for this period. The Water Quality reports for BON, CWMW, CCIW, and WRNO include the recalibrated spill at Bonneville.
Wells Dam, 13 August 2012: The DCPUD has requested the water temperature data reported as the "Wells Scrollcase Water Tempurature" obtained for DART from prepared USACE text files be removed as erroneous. The Wells project does not report scrollcase water temperatures. This data has been removed from the publicly accessible DART dataset.
June 5 - July 9, 2013: DART reported partial averages for outflow and spill from several Upper Columbia PUD projects. These values have been corrected to show the average of the complete day. We would like to thank the CCPUD for helping us correct this issue.
Notes on the DART Columbia Basin ESU & DPS Dataset
DART offers multiple ways to investigate and analyze each specific Columbia Basin ESU (Evolutionarily Significant Unit) and DPS (Distinct Population Segment) population.
- Graphics&Text: Graphics and Text Output for Multiple Populations, Multiple Years, Multiple Projects with River Environment dataset
- Quick Look: Presents current Columbia Basin ESU and DPS passage with the ten year averages at Lower Granite, Little Goose, Lower Monumental, McNary, John Day, and Bonneville dams for select ESU/DPS populations. Updated daily.
- Observation Detail: able Output of Detailed Release and Observation information for each observed PIT Tag ID for Single Population, Single Year, Single Project with CSV Download File
- Summary & Migration Timing Component Stocks: HTML Table Output of Daily Observation Totals for Single Year for each component stock (Release Site, Species, Run, and Rear Type) for Single Population, All Projects with migration timing information (10%, 50%, 90%) for each project
- Mean Travel Times: HTML Table Output of Reach Mean Travel Times for Juvenile and Adult Populations for All Years with Graphs of Reach-Specific Daily Mean Travel Times. The current migration season estimates are updated on a daily basis throughout the season.
- Historical Run Timing: Graph and HTML Table Output for 10 Year Historical Run Timing for Single Stock, Single Project with Migration Timing Characteristics and Passage Dates